Sunday, February 8, 2009

Another blog for wine lovers with no money.

I will not pretend that there are no other sites on the internet for wine lovers on a budget. Many of them are actually quite well-written, and display a delightful breadth of knowledge and experience. In establishing this one, I hope to distinguish myself by two means: my palate, and the prices of my finds.

Wines recommended in this blog will never exceed $30; while I do pay homage to the great nobles of Bordeaux, Burgundy, Piedmont and elsewhere, living in Manhattan makes actual purchases of these wines nigh impossible. As a result, I've made it my unending mission to find and make known to friends the good deals, the collectible steals. After months of urging by these same friends, I am bringing my knowledge to this public forum, hopefully to bear the scrutiny of fellow enthusiasts.

Hello, world. Drink with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment